The project is intended for automatic relative evaluation of the articles in the various language versions of Wikipedia.
At the moment the service allows to compare over 40 million Wikipedia articles in 55 languages.
Quality scores of articles are based on Wikipedia dumps from April, 2022. When calculating current popularity, Authors’ Interest (AI) and Citation Index of articles data from March 2022 was taken into account. For historical values of popularity and AI WikiRank used data from 2002 to 2022.
You can also visit WikiRank.Live (previous version of the main tool), which can calculate quality and popularity based on current versions of Wikipedia articles in 7 languages.
It’s planned to add different improvements to the project (such as adding to the analysis not only new quantitative characteristics, but also qualitative). In addition, it is planned to add estimates using machine learning algorithms and artificial intelligence, as well as based on the results of user comparison of specific multilingual information (for example, the WikiBest project). Please leave your comments and suggestions
More information about quality assessment of Wikipedia articles and WikiRank can be found in WikiQ project or in scientific publications:
- Multilingual Ranking of Wikipedia Articles with Quality and Popularity Assessment in Different Topics (2019)
- Knowledge categorization affects popularity and quality of Wikipedia articles (2018)
- Relative Quality and Popularity Evaluation of Multilingual Wikipedia Articles (2017)
- Quality and Importance of Wikipedia Articles in Different Languages (2016)
- A general multiview framework for assessing the quality of collaboratively created content on web 2.0 (2016)
- Quality assessment of wikipedia articles without feature engineering (2016)
- Modelling the quality of attributes in Wikipedia infoboxes (2015)
- Artificial intelligence service “ORES” gives Wikipedians X-ray specs to see through bad edits (2015)
- Tell me more: an actionable quality model for Wikipedia (2013)
- Don’t bite the newbies: how reverts affect the quantity and quality of Wikipedia work (2011)
- Information Quality in Wikipedia: The Effects of Group Composition and Task Conflict (2011)
Additional information about quality issues can be found on Wikipedia Quality portal.